(510) 222-5112

700 Crestview Dr, Pinole, CA 94564, USA

©2017 BY UNITED TEACHERS OF RICHMOND. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM

Health Benefits

CalPERS Announces Rates for 2019

(For 2018 CalPER Rates please look below)

Starting July 1st, 2018 the West Contra Costa Unified School District will contribute an 80% cost of Kaiser 2018 rates until 2021, and each member is responsible for the other 20% contribution. 

2019 Changes to point out:

  • Blue Cross Access + - Effective January 1, 2019 will no longer be available in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma counties.
     

  • United HealthCare – Effective January 1, 2019 will no longer be available in any of the Bay Area counties which include Alameda, Amador, Contra Costa, Merlin, Napa, Nevada, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter and Yuba.
     

  • There will be a pilot program for reference-pricing pharmaceuticals beginning with the following therapeutic classes: Nasal corticosteroids, thyroid medications and estrogen.
     

  • There will be a new online back and neck pain program called SpineZone available PPO members.
     

  • There will be a new breast cancer screening study called Wisdom and available to PPO members.
     

  • Western Advantage is very limited according to where you live. In 2018 it was only offered in  Napa, Marin, Sonoma, Solano and some Sacramento area counties.
     

  • The PERS Select PPO will change to a value-based plan.  This plan will have an emphasis on primary care and will be introducing cost incentives to lower deductible.  The full plan has not been released yet, however, some of the options to help reduce the deductible are:

    • Annual biometric screening

    • Annual flu shot

    • Certification of being a non-smoker or participating in a smoking cessation program

    • Getting a second opinion for non-emergency elective surgeries

    • Engage with a nurse manager for disease management
       

 

To look at how the new rates affect your plan please look below. 

Open enrollement to switch plans will be September 10, 2018 through October 5, 2018

2019 Bay Area Healthcare CalPERS Rates for Active Employees

Kaiser Permanente 2019  Rates—Active Employees and Early Retirees

Single Employee: The 2018 rate was $779.86 new rate is $768.25 with a savings of $11.61 monthly or $139.32 annually. 

Employee & 1 Dependent: The 2018 rate was $1559.72, new rate is $1536.50 with a savings of $23.22 monthly or $278.64 annually. 

Employee & 2+ Dependents: The 2018 rate was $2027.64 new rate is $1997.45 with a savings of $30.19 monthly or $362.28 annually. 

Anthem Select 2019  Rates—Active Employees and Early Retirees

Single Employee: The 2018 rate was $856.41 new rate is $831.44 with a savings of $24.97 monthly or $299.64 annually. 

Employee & 1 Dependent: The 2018 rate was $1712.82 new rate is $1662.88 with a savings of $49.94 monthly or $599.28 annually. 

Employee & 2+ Dependents: The 2018 rate was $2226.67 new rate is $2161.74 with a savings of $64.93 monthly or $779.16 annually. 

Anthem Traditional 2019  Rates—Active Employees and Early Retirees

Single Employee: The 2018 rate was $925.47 new rate is $1111.13 with an increase of $185.66 monthly or $2227.92 annually. 

Employee & 1 Dependent: The 2018 rate was $1850.94 new rate is $2222.26 with an increase of $371.32 monthly or $4455.84 annually. 

Employee & 2+ Dependents: The 2018 rate was $2406.22 new rate is $2888.94 with an increase of $482.72 monthly or $5792.64 annually. 

HealthNet SmartCare 2019  Rates—Active Employees and Early Retirees

Single Employee: The 2018 rate was $863.48 new rate is $901.55 with an increase of $38.07 monthly or $456.84 annually. 

Employee & 1 Dependent: The 2018 rate was $1726.96 new rate is $1803.10 with an increase of $76.14 monthly or $913.68 annually. 

Employee & 2+ Dependents: The 2018 rate was $2245.05 new rate is $2344.03 with an increase of $98.98 monthly or $1187.76 annually. 

Western Health Advantage 2019  Rates—Active Employees and Early Retirees

Single Employee: The 2018 rate was $792.56 new rate is $767.01 with a savings of $25.55 monthly or $306.60 annually. 

Employee & 1 Dependent: The 2018 rate was $1585.12 new rate is $1534.02 with a savings of $51.10 monthly or $613.20 annually. 

Employee & 2+ Dependents: The 2018 rate was $2060.66 new rate is $1994.23 with a savings of $66.43 monthly or $797.16 annually. 

For PERS 2019 Rates please look below:

 

Maternity/Paternity Leave

For More information click here:

If you have any questions please contact Director Marci Williams in Human Resources