This year changes and new elections will be made on ESS (Employee Self-Serve). If you are not making any changes you do not need to do anything. Your plan will remain the same into 2018. All of this information can be found on our website (Click HERE)
Open Enrollment Overview – This is the time to make changes to your health plan with an effective date of January 1, 2018. Please click HERE to view the plan summary for 2018. 2018 Employee Rates – Please review carefully as there have been increases and decreases for some of the health benefit plans for 2018.
11-month rates: Because the rates change in the middle of the school year, the additional amount collected for the July health payment is a calculation of the August to December rates and then the new rates from January to June. If you change plans in 2018 the rates will be different than what is on the rate sheet
PLAN CHANGE ONLY
If you are changing plans only and not adding or deleting dependents – no documents or forms are required. Just make your new selection in ESS – it is fast and easy! Click HERE for instructions
If you are adding dependents (spouse and/or children) and changing plans or type of coverage (employee only, employee + 1, or Family) you will need to:
1. Make your plan and/or coverage change in ESS;
2. Submit an enrollment form with the dependent information listed; and
3. Upload supporting documentation (birth certificates and/or marriage license).
CASH IN LIEU
If you wish to decline benefits and select Cash in Lieu this year please login to ESS and select “I DECLINE” for your benefit plan selection. Use the Health Plan Enrollment form and select “Cash in Lieu” and upload documentation showing other group coverage (Covered California and Medical do not qualify). You will not be allowed to switch to Cash in Lieu unless you show proof of other group health plan coverage.
You may also visit the Benefits office to drop off required dependent documentation located at:
Human Resources M, T, Th, F – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
1108 Bissell Avenue Wednesdays – 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Richmond, CA 94801
Questions – Benefits (510) 231-1159
Click HERE for the Health Plan Enrollment Form (use only for adding or deleting dependents only)
Click HERE for the Dental/VSP Enrollment Form (use for adding/deleting plan and/or dependents)
CTA offers comprehensive insurance programs, discounts on travel and entertainment packages, and a host of professional and career development opportunities, including conferences, scholarships and trainings. Also available is a wide range of publications and other resources for your use.
Membership in CTA also means you get direct access to MyCTA — the CTA members-only website. Once you join, login to MyCTA to access resources and information available only to you. UTR Members, please login into MyCTA on CTA’s website . Have your CTA Member card and/or individual ID number available.
Login to MyCTA, go to Membership Services, CTA Member Benefit Program for a list of vendors.
What do you get for being a member of California Teachers Association?
A $1 million liability policy, protecting you from work-related lawsuits and changes.
Legal services whereby UTR/CTA members receive assistance in professional and personal legal matters.
Participation in UTR/CTA-sponsored insurance programs such as CTA group disability and life insurance plans and California Casualty auto insurance or home owners coverage, at special rates. (see below for details)
The right to vote on the leadership and direction of the union.
CTA provides discounts for traveling, theme parks, car rentals, restaurants, movie theaters, entertainment, etc. To buy tickets just log in through CTA and provide your ID (if you do not have it you may call UTR or look on the back of the Educator magazine that you get at home).
Please visit the NEA Member Benefits Programs on NEA’s website.
Whether your needs are for life, health or casualty insurance, savings and investment programs, a home mortgage or a refinance, or a credit card or personal loan, put the collective buying power of 3.2 million NEA members to work for you. NEA Member Benefits programs are specially designed to help make members’ lives better.
Disability and Life Insurance
Special Member and Insurance Services, Buying Guide (TSA)
Going on a trip to Disneyland? Get discount tickets for park admission for
Disneyland and other Bay Area attractions!
TSA Phone: 1-800-537-8491
CTA Auto and Home Insurance Program (California Casualty)
CTA Auto Insurance
* 26% estimated rate differential between CTA member and non-member rates.
* Additional disicount of 17% off your auto insurance rate if you also insure your home.
* Deductible waived entirely for vandalism and collision to your auto parked on school property, or while away attending a school sponsored event.
* Summer and Holiday Skip payment options.
* Identity Theft Resolution Service-Free
CTA Home Insurance
* 24% estimated rate differential between CTA member and non-member rates.
* Additional discount up to 10% off your home insurance rate if you also insure your auto.
* Personal property, including computers, used in teaching while on or away from premises is covered to $3,000, with $0 deductible.
* Fundraising money or goods lost or stolen while in a teacher’s possession are covered to $500, with $0 deductible.
* Identity Theft Resolution Service-Free
Provident Credit Union
“Provident Credit Union is the credit union that was created for educators by educators to serve CTA members.”
* Competitive rates on loans.
* Competitive rates on savings accounts and term-share certificates.
* Interest-free strike loans.
* Convenient locations throughout Northern California and over 350 California Service Centers as well as 3,5000 Service Center Network branches nationwide.
* Over 5,000 no-surcharge co-op ATMs throughout California and 28,000 no-surcharge co-op ATMs nationwide.
* Convenient 24/7 online banking with bill payment features, mobile banking, and mobile bill pay.
Please click HERE on a blog created for educators to find over 100 businesses that give discounts to teachers.
For clothing stores that give teacher discounts please click HERE. Stores included and some that we know are:
Ann Taylor LOFT, The Limited, Banana Republic, Madewell, J. Crew, Aerosoles, Christopher and Banks, Dressbarns, Calvin Klein, some H&M’s, and some Forever 21’s, and Lands End.
The Employee Store of Mountain Hardware here in Richmond lets WCCUSD employees enter and use the discounted pricing if you show your district ID. Any campers or adventurers? Click HERE!