Solutions Team Logos.png

The WCCUSD Labor-Management Solutions Team wants to make sure that all employees have the proper information to resolve issues which may arise at their work site/department. There are many ways to solve a problem at a school site or department and various actions you can take when you have disagreed with an action or you believe there has been a violation of your union contract, workers rights, or have felt treated unfairly. In order to be consistent and give everyone the same information, we made this communication piece. There are 5 types of complaints an employee can use:

1. Grievances
2. Title IX complaint
3. Uniform Complaint
4. Complaint Concerning School Personnel
5. Williams Uniform Complaint




A grievance is a formal complaint that is raised by an employee towards an employer within the workplace. There are many reasons as to why a grievance can be raised, and also many ways to go about dealing with such a scenario. Reasons for filing a grievance in the workplace can be as a result of, but not limited to, a breach of the terms and conditions of an employment contract, raises and promotions, or lack thereof, as well as harassment and employment discrimination.


Title IX Office/Complaint


The WCCUSD's OEE addresses complaints related to sexual and/or gender-based harassment in compliance with Board Policy 5145.7. Please review the policy prior to submitting a complaint, which is available here. It may also be helpful to review the District's answers to frequently asked questions, which are available here.

If you need to file a Title IX Complaint, please use the complaint forms available here and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

You can submit the form by email, USPS, or in person. If you would like help completing the form, please contact the OEE by phone at (510) 307-7861, by email at or, or in person at 1108 Bissell Avenue, Richmond, CA 94801

To read more please go to:


Uniform Complaint


The West Contra Costa Unified School District is primarily responsible for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, including those related to unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying against any protected group, and all programs and activities that are subject to the UCP in:

• Adult Education • After School Education and Safety • Agricultural Career Technical Education • American Indian Education Centers andEarly ChildhoodEducation Program Assessments • Bilingual Education • California Peer Assistance and Review Programs forTeachers • Career Technical and Technical Education; Career Technical; Technical Training (State) • Career Technical Education (Federal) • Child Care and Development • Child Nutrition • Compensatory Education • Consolidated Categorical Aid • Course Periods without Educational Content (for grades nine through twelve) • Economic Impact Aid • Education of Pupils in Foster Care and Pupils who are Homeless, and former Juvenile Court Pupils now enrolled in a school district, and Pupils of Military Families • English Learner Program • Every Student Succeeds Act / No Child Left Behind (Titles I–VII) • Local Control Accountability Plans (LCAP) • Migrant Education • Physical Education Instructional Minutes (for grades one through six) • Pupil Fees • Reasonable Accommodations to a Lactating Pupil • Regional Occupational Centers and Programs • School Safety Plans • Special Education • State Preschool • Tobacco-Use PreventionEducation


If you feel that there’s been a violation against one of the previously mentioned groups please contact the UCP office or go to:
To fill out a complaint go to:


Complaint Concerning School Personnel 


Every employee has the right to complain about another employee in WCCUSD. The “complaint concerning school personnel” is intended to be used for the following situations:

Employee to employee

Employee to supervisor

Student to employee

Parent to employee


To file a complaint concerning school personnel please go to:
You may also read the full policy and procedures of this complaint by Board policy here:


Williams Uniform Complaint


Education Code 35186 creates a procedure for the filing of complaints concerning deficiencies related to instructional materials, conditions of facilities that are not maintained in a clean or safe manner or in good repair, teacher vacancy or misassignment, or the lack of opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services to pupils who did not pass one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12. The complaint and response are public documents as provided by law. Complaints may be filed anonymously. However, if you wish to receive a response to your complaint, you must provide the contact information below.


To file a Williams Uniform Complaint go to: