Dear UTR members,
Less than 3 weeks of school left!
As you know, your bargaining team and leadership are working really hard to negotiate better wages for all our educators. Please read below and join us this Wednesday at the WCCUSD School Board Meeting.
Our President and Bargaining Chair will be doing a small presentation at the WCCUSD School Board on Wednesday during the School Board Meeting.
The meeting is taking place at Lovonya DeJean Middle School at 6:30 PM.
We will be presenting information about how we believe WCCUSD can support the vision of retaining our educators. Please spread the word at your sites and we hope you will join us to support our leadership as they make the case to the School Board that We Need Competitive Salaries NOW.
The following report was created by the bargaining team and will be used to show our community what we are bargaining for and why it’s important. Copies will be going out to the sites for everyone and we hope your site will pass them to parents and community members.
For an online copy to share on social media please click HERE.
For a copy of articles being bargained please click below:
If you would like to speak at the School Board Meeting we will be sending speaking points tomorrow. You must get there before 6:30 to fill out a public comment card and list either “Public Comment” or item “B-8” to speak on these topics.
Other Agenda Items
1. UTR will be speaking during public comment about the Willful Defiance Suspensions Ban. In collaboration with various community organizations UTR will be asking for the Board to create a task force adjunct committee to review this issue, study the data and needs specifically by sites, and then create a policy proposal recommendation that may be implemented in the 2017/18 School Year. We are advocating for the WCCUSD School District to Ban Willful Defiance Suspensions BUT with the right tools and supports that will give educators, students, and parents successful pathways on discipline and social emotional learning. We are asking that this task force is created with UTR members on it that will support the work. The WCCUSD School Board is scheduled to discuss this item at the Board Meeting. If you would like to come support our proposal please join us. To speak on this item please list that you would like to speak under item “E.2”.
2. WCCUSD Staff will be presenting on LCAP items for the 2017/18 school year. They will be presenting on Goal 1.
3. The WCCUSD will be voting on the new location for Caliber Beta Academy at North Campus and Kennedy.
4. The WCCUSD School Board will be voting on the expansion proposal for Aspire Charter School from 636 students to 1207 in the 2019/20 school year. Over the next three years, WCCUSD loss of ADA will be from 571 students by the academic year of 2019-20.
5. The WCCUSD School Board will be voting on the approval to renew the Charter Petition for Leadership Public Schools (LPS) until 2022.
6. The WCCUSD School Board will be having the public hearing for the Special Education Annual Plan for the 2017/18 School Year.
President, United Teachers of Richmond CTA/NEA